New Designers One Year In 2018

I was really excited to be selected to Exhibit at New Designers One Year In 2018 This motivated me to create a collection of bespoke bags to showcase at the Business Design Center London. I created a selection of bags Tote and small clutch and zipped bags. I collected the Rescued Wetsuits from my local community Joss Bay Surf School Broadstairs, Whitstable Yacht Club, Action Watersports Lydd and The Kite Surf Centre. These generous donations enabled me to create new products from waste. Biggin Hall - Future Foundry was key to helping me create my wetsuit bags. I used their laser cutter to laser my donated wetsuits. I wanted to create labels that I could attach to the wetsuits bags that gave the name and location of where the wetsuit was donated. This not only was a record of where the wetsuit was from it also gave free advertising to the local water sports companies that donated thier wetsuit waste. I want to create a solution to wetsuit waste by connecting with as many of my local outdoor watersports communities as possible. I collaborated with my friend Jack Cant to create posters made from old cardboard with facts about Wetsuit Waste on the environment. I particularly was drawn towards his typography and we worked together to create signage for New Designers one year In 2018.

Comments

Popular Posts